Samuel went to the doctor on Tuesday to discover two ear infections, but we were thankful to have found them early and now he seems hardly bothered by them. Also this week we have discovered that he can reach things much better than we thought.
He pulled my (cold) coffee from the table and poured a bit on himself. I didn't think much of it, was just glad it wasn't hot. Twenty minutes later he was covered in whelps on his neck and chest where the coffee touched his skin(from the small amount of creamer--yes dairy, but mainly soybean and cottonseed oil we think). We gave him a bath, hydrocortisone, and lots of Benadryl and he was okay.
Then this morning he drank an entire bottle of Motrin. Just a few hours earlier (at 6 am) I was bugged by David for having bought such a small bottle (which I absent-mindedly left opened on his dresser after giving to him). Samuel walked in the room where David and I were, very proudly, with the bottle turned upside down in his mouth. Ugh! Poison control said he would be okay and I was quickly glad that David had bought the little bottle.
We also discovered dum-dums this week. Samuel's new love! He woke up from a nap really hurting, so I gave him Tylenol and while we waited for it to do its job, I gave him a dum-dum. He mauled that thing for 15 minutes, no more tears or fussing, just pure bliss. He slobbered so much that I had to change his clothes afterwards.
The dum-dum. Note the slobber dripping from his left elbow.
After the Motrin episode the three of us went to the Peabody, thinking it would be fun to see the Christmas lights and the ducks. The bottom picture shows how restless Samuel was, he was slinking out of the chair as fast as possible.
Cute picture with my mom at Thanksgiving.
Shopping for lights